It’s been a long road, and at long last it’s come time to sell my Lancer. It’s reached what you’d call it’s full and final stage of tune for what I wanted to do with it. I held it off for another few months to enjoy it for a little while longer, and now I’m ready to sell. I’ve got to pay some bills and I also made a new year’s resolution in an Answer of the Day on Jalopnik.com, to sell the car and use part of it to buy a camera. The camera has been bought, now it’s time to do the other part.
Edit: As of the 13th of April, the car has been sold. Thank you to all who were interested. It went to a good home as someone’s first car. I know he’ll enjoy it in the years ahead. It was sad and I know that I’ll miss it, but at least it’s somewhere being hooned and not rotting away in the garage.
For Sale: 2003 Mitsubishi Lancer ES
Asking for $5,500 or best offer. Sold for $5,000
Located in Tampa, Florida. More images and a comment box are at the bottom of the page.
- 122,000 miles, owned by me since 24,000 miles, December 2003.
- 4 speed automatic transmission
- Cold air conditioning in the Summer, hot heat in the Winter
- No leaks
- Never wrecked
- Clean title
- Timing belt was recently changed as well as the water pump, while the mechanic was in there.
- Fresh new Bosch battery just installed last year (good for at least three years in hot climates)
- Wear on the body is consistent with age, some scratches, but overall a clean car. Washed and waxed regularly. Clay bared biannually.
- 20% Llumar Tint on all windows, installed by Auto Solutions
- Sylvania Silver Star white Headlight Bulbs, 4000ºK color temperature
- Made to be driven and enjoyed, not hard parked. In other words, it’s hella functional, not hella flush.
- All upgrades installed are street legal and CARB* approved (*California Air Resources Board)
- Injen Short Ram Intake with Heat Shield – cotton-based filter is washable and re-usable with K&N filter recharge kits
- NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs
- Magnecor Ignition Wires
- Road Race Motorsports Lightweight Aluminum Crank Pulley
- Fresh ‘Anchor’ brand engine mounts (previously used Road Race Motorsports Race Series Solid Motor Mounts available)
- GReddy TiC Catback Exhaust System with removable hidden silencer installed for street driving
- Progress Rear Sway Bar
- RRM Autocross Sway Bar Perches (modified locally by S&R Performance, to allow the bar to fit with the exhaust)
- TEIN Basic Driving Master Coilovers (installed locally by Cars & Concepts)
- Kumho Ecsta SPT Tires in 215/40ZR17 87W, safe in the rain and fun when it’s dry
- Hawk HPS Street Performance Pads on the front (rear brake shoes where left stock), provide low dust, quick and quiet stops
- Road Race Motorsports Street Series Slotted Brake Rotors (more of an aesthetic item that in this case stops just as good as the regular stock rotors)
- Cobra radar detector
- 5Zigen Super Six Wheels, 17”x7”, 40 offset (5Zigen is pronounced “Go Zigen” in Japanese, meaning “5th Dimension”)
- Muteki Forged Lightweight Blue Anodized Lug Nuts (with the key for them)
- OEM calipers, rotor centers, and drums custom painted silver for a clean appearance
- OZ Rally Edition Spoiler (similar to Japan and Europe market Evolution GTA spoiler)
- Depo Lancer Evolution VII style taillights from RRM
- Depo JDM style (non-Cedia, USDM light layout) blacked out headlights (no longer installed, but free with the car) also from RRM
- Road Race Motorsports Lancer Evolution VII-style grill with Road Race badge
- Leather Steering Wheel Cover
- Carbon Fiber Pedal Pads
- RalliArt Floor Mats
- 2.0 liter SOHC 4G94 engine, which came originally with 120hp @ 5500 rpm and 130 ft-lbs. of torque @ 4250 rpm. This car has not been dyno tested, but is expected to make a little more.
- Fuel mileage has been newly rated at 21 city/28 hwy, 24 combined, and originally rated 24 city/31 hwy, 27 combined. This car runs on regular gasoline.
This car has been garage kept for as long as I’ve owned it. Since I’ve own it, it’s used Castrol GTX conventional oil exclusively up until 50k miles, then switched to Royal Purple, and then to Mobil 1 High Mileage more recently to stay leak-free. Consistently used 10w-30 for the added protection from the Florida heat.
Feel free to comment with any questions you might have about the car. Click on images to view larger.